What You as a Member of First Baptist Church of Beaufort Can Expect of Your Church:
1. You will hear words of life (Ps. 16:11; Matt. 4:4; Jn. 10:10, 28; Phil. 1:21; 1 Jn. 5:12).
2. You will be guided to see God in the good, the true, and the deeply beautiful; in the loving, the holy, and the joyful; in the high, the sacred, and the heavenly; and, supremely in Christ, who embodies every perfection of God (Matt. 1:23; Jn. 1:1, 14; Col 1:15; 2:9; Heb. 1:1-3).
3. You will be given opportunities to celebrate your new life in Christ and to respond to the wonder and glory of God through worship.
4. You will be a cherished member of the First Baptist Church of Beaufort fellowship and family.
5. You will hear the Word of God faithfully proclaimed, taught, and applied to life.
6. You will receive prayer support and encouragement.
7. You will form friendships around a shared commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord.
8. You will experience the satisfaction that comes from serving Christ by helping others in His name.
9. You will receive pastoral care from a God-called under-shepherd of Christ.
What First Baptist Church Expects of You as a Member:
1. That you will help carry out the stated mission of First Baptist Church of Beaufort – To display the love and beauty of Christ in ways that glorify God, make disciples, and bless our community (Ps. 27:4; Matt. 5:13-14; 28:19-20; 1 Cor. 10:31; Gal. 4:19).
2. That you will faithfully worship with your church family and will support its ministries as you are able (Rom. 10:17; Heb. 10:24-25).
3. That you will invite others to worship with you so they too can hear the Good News that God loves them and wants to give them abundant and eternal life received by faith in Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19-20; Jn. 6:40; 10:10; Eph. 2:8).
4. That you will support the work of the church with your tithes and offerings. To tithe is to give one-tenth of one’s income to what the Bible calls the “storehouse” (Num. 18:20-21; Mal. 3:10; 2 Cor. 8:7; 9:6-8).
5. That you will practice prayerful communion with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and thereby receive a vitality of life that comes only from God through Christ (Gal. 4:19; Phil. 4:13; Col. 1:27).
6. That you will allow the life, character, and temperament of Christ to be formed in you (Ro. 6:3-4; Gal. 2:20; 4:19; 5:22-23).
7. That as God is holy you will strive to be holy in thought, word, and deed (Matt. 5:48; 1 Pet. 1:15-16).
8. That when you fall short – as we all do – you will repent, ask forgiveness, and receive God’s grace and help to do better (Ps. 32:3-5; Prov. 28:13; 1 Jn. 1:8-9).
9. That, empowered by Christ, you will practice the Golden Rule, the Great Commandment, and the Great Commission to the greater glory of God (Phil. 4:13; Matt. 7:12; Mk. 12:29-31; Matt. 28:19-20).